synonyms: actionable items
in self-help, an action item is advice or an exercise that increases a participants success with self-help and mental health. Action items outline activities and exercises that will help self-help seeking individuals to improve and incorporate positive habits into their daily lives.
Examples of action item in a sentence:
- A lot of people do not see long term success with self-help or management books because the literature does not include any action items.
- It is hard to incorporate self-help techniques and to change habits without actionable items to follow.
- While giving momentary satisfaction, inspiration quotes are not helpful to someone seeking self-help because they do not include any actionable items.
- Self-help can be confusing and without actionable items it is going to be difficult to see long term, positive changes.
Common examples of actionable items associated with self-help:
- Listing things you are grateful for
- Healthy diet
Getty created actionable items for self-help:
- Calm Your Anxious Brain by Reminding Yourself That You Are Safe
- 8 Ways to Work Through and Resolve Cringeworthy Events
- Take Inventory of Things You Like, Don’t Like, and Are Meh About
- 7 Ways to Get Motivated When Feeling Completely Unmotivated
- Working From Home: 3 Steps to Signifying the Day Is Done
- Links and Resources to Stay Active
- Remind Yourself What It Means to Be Positive
- “I am Doing the Best I can”
- Break Unrealistic Expectations: Stop Being Influenced by TV and Movies
- Increase Your Mood: Don’t Look at Your Phone While Watching TV
- Reject Negative Energy
- Assess and Protect Your Energy
- Do value judgements on other people’s opinion